Connect with us

Corruption

FBI Director Christopher Wray Refused To Disclose Cause Of Death For Officer Brian Sicknick

TheFederalist

Published

on

FBI Director Christopher Wray refused to disclose details surrounding Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick’s January death before lawmakers Tuesday.

Media speculation about Sicknick’s death on the day after the Capitol riot fueled Democratic conspiracies perpetuated by legacy outlets. This was primarily from a New York Times report, which initially said Sicknick was killed by a blunt blow from a fire extinguisher.

“There is an ongoing investigation into his death,” Wray explained in response to a question from the Senate Judiciary Committee’s ranking member Chuck Grassley of Iowa. “I have to be careful at this stage because it’s ongoing, not to get out in front of it.”

“So does that mean since the investigation’s going on, you have not determined the exact cause of the death?” Grassley asked.

“That means we can’t yet disclose cause of death at this stage,” Wray responded.

“But you have determined the cause of death?” Grassley pushed.

“I didn’t say that. We’re not at a point where we can disclose or confirm the cause of death,” Wray clarified.

The FBI director’s denial of any new details surrounding Sicknick’s death is likely to fuel new conspiracies over the officer’s passing, which was politicized by Democrats in pursuit of impeachment against now-former President Donald Trump.

The false narrative that Sicknick was killed by a fatal hit from a fire extinguisher amid the chaos first emerged from a piece in the New York Times published on Jan. 8, headlined “Capitol Police Officer Dies From Injuries in Pro-Trump Rampage.”

“[Pro]-Trump supporters … overpowered Mr. Sicknick, 42, and struck him in the head with a fire extinguisher, according to two law enforcement officials,” the paper reported two days after the riot.

The paper later quietly corrected its reporting with an “update” pinned to the top of the page as the Democrats’ impeachment proceedings wrapped up, weeks after subsequent reporting had already debunked its original claims that Sicknick’s death came as a consequence of a fire extinguisher.

“UPDATE: New information has emerged regarding the death of the Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick that questions the initial cause of his death provided by officials close to the Capitol Police,” the page now reads.

The update was published on Feb. 26. On Feb. 2., CNN published a story in which medical examiners ruled out the idea Sicknick “sustained any blunt force trauma,” let alone by a fire extinguisher. ProPublica published a story casting doubt on the New York Times’ fire extinguisher story far sooner, on Jan. 8, with comments from Sicknick’s brother Ken, who told the paper Brian texted the family hours after the attack that he had been pepper-sprayed but was doing fine.

House Democrats, however, cited the Times’ unproven theory in their impeachment pretrial memo.

“Insurrectionists killed a Capitol police officer by striking him in the head with a fire extinguisher,” Democrats claimed.

Officer Sicknick’s mother, Gladys, threw more cold water on the fire extinguisher conspiracy last week, telling the Daily Mail that they so far believe her son might have suffered a stroke.

“He wasn’t hit on the head, no,” Gladys Sicknick told the Daily Mail. “We think he had a stroke, but we don’t know anything for sure. … We’d love to know what happened.”

Read More

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Corruption

Biden Admin Considering Cash Payments to Central America to Control Migration

Epoch Times

Published

on

The Biden administration is considering sending cash to Central American countries to alleviate economic problems that motivate their citizens to leave for the United States.

Alongside the conditional cash transfer program, they are also considering sending CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus vaccines to those countries, the White House’s southern border coordinator Roberta Jacobson told Reuters.

She didn’t specify which entity would be potentially obtaining the cash, but the program in consideration is aimed at people from Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador, which make up for the vast majority of illegal immigration presently occurring at the border.

“We’re looking at all of the productive options to address both the economic reasons people may be migrating, as well as the protection and security reasons,” said the White House official.

CBP released an Operational Update on Thursday which stated that more than 172,000 illegal immigrants were apprehended in March along the Southwest border.

Jacobson didn’t explain to Reuters how exactly the program would function but said that they won’t be handing out checks to people.

“The one thing I can promise you is the U.S. government isn’t going to be handing out money or checks to people,” Jacobson, who announced she will be leaving the White House at the end of the month, said.

On Friday, top Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) disapproved of the idea of cash transfers.

“It’s insulting to the millions of Americans who are out of work or facing despair in our country,” said McCarthy.

An anonymous border patrol agent who claims to have been working in Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) for over ten years spoke out about leaked administration documents obtained by Project Veritas.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) documents, according to the non-profit journalist group, say that “criminal aliens with sex-related offenses are attempting to re-enter the United States in record numbers during the COVID-19 pandemic.”

The anonymous insider said that the documents, labeled “unclassified//law enforcement sensitive,” are not supposed to be shown to the public. One of them dated March 24, 2021, has the header “Border Intelligence Daily” and reads “Public Safety: FY 2021 Sex Offender Encounters by U.S. Border Patrol Reach Five Year High.”

The leaked document reads that there have been 214 sex offender encounters, or arrests, from October 2020 to February 2021, compared to the yearly total of 154 during the previous fiscal year.

The insider said the report is accurate and even “possibly underreported” because sometimes criminal backgrounds go undiscovered.

“I would probably say they’re underreported,” the insider said. “All the records of the criminal aliens and sex offenders that we arrest now, they all have been previously deported from the United States for committing these crimes in the United States.”

The Epoch Times reached out to DHS for comment on the accuracy of the documents.

Read More

Continue Reading

Corruption

The Biden Border Bonanza Cost Taxpayers $60 Million A Week To Shelter Migrant Children

TheFederalist

Published

on

The Biden administration’s efforts to house a growing, record number of illegal unaccompanied minors is costing the U.S. $60 million per week, the Washington Post reports.

As it currently stands, President Joe Biden’s Department of Health and Human Services is caring for more than 16,000 illegal minors who are divvied up between emergency and permanent shelters around the U.S. Each of the detained children and teenagers in permanent facilities cost the administration approximately $300 per day to house, clothe, feed, and educate. The 8,500 kids in pop-up emergency shelters, and the 4,000 waiting to be transferred in, are costing the U.S. approximately $775 per day.

“The cost of these emergency sites is more than 2½ times higher than the more-permanent shelters ‘due to the need to develop facilities quickly and hire significant staff over a short period of time,’” Kenneth Wolfe, a spokesman for HHS’s Administration for Children and Families told the Washington Post.

Since the border crisis began after Biden assumed office, the administration commissioned at least 10 emergency shelters, some “converted oil worker camps and on military bases,” to accommodate the thousands of children crossing the border by themselves. Cities in border states such as Texas have turned convention centers into makeshift shelters for HHS and nonprofit organizations contracted by the government to use while others are forced to stay in tents, costing an extra $16 million per month.

Many of these young kids and teens in these facilities stay for an average of a month bringing the total bill for their care to approximately $24,000 each, some of which was funded by millions of dollars of provisions in Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID spending bill.

While it is clear that costs for housing and other migrant services will continue to rise as the number of unaccompanied minors crossing the border also skyrocket between 22,000 to 26,000 illegal children per month, staffing is also becoming an issue for the Biden administration. The government is now asking federal employees to work 12-hour shifts in shelters that may require people to “walk long distances along steep, rugged terrain and respond quickly to life-threatening situations.”

This report follows news that U.S. Customs and Border Protection took more than 172,000 illegal aliens into custody in March, making it the busiest month for the agency in more than 20 years and a number that is expected to grow in coming months.

Read More

Continue Reading

Coronavirus

Gretchen Whitmer Asks Michigan Residents to Avoid Indoor Dining for Two Weeks

Breitbart

Published

on

In order to slow the spread of the coronavirus, Whitmer is urging high schools to move to remote learning, asking diners to use outdoor dining or takeout, and recommending youth sports pause in-person activities for two weeks, WLUC reported.

During the press conference, the governor stated:

We all have to step up our game for the next two weeks to bring down rising cases. And that’s why I’m calling on high schools to voluntarily go remote for two weeks past spring break, calling on youth sports to voluntarily suspend games and practices for two weeks. And I’m strongly encouraging all Michiganders to avoid dining indoors and avoid gathering with friends indoors for two weeks. Support your local restaurants by eating outside, or getting carry out instead of dining indoors. Opt for small, outdoor gatherings with masks.

“To be very clear, these are not orders, mandates, or requirements. A year in, we all know what works and this has to be a team effort. We have to do this together. Lives depend on it,” she continued.

The governor and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Chief Medical Executive Dr. Joneigh Khaldun added the state will administer five million doses of the coronavirus vaccine by the close of Friday.

When asked why it appears the Biden administration is not surging vaccines to her state, Whitmer said it is sending “things to support us whether it’s therapeutics or mobile testing and vaccination ability or boots on the ground.”

“But we are going to continue to fight for additional vaccines. That is not a policy that they have embraced at this juncture but I’m going to continue to fight for our state,” Whitmer noted.

“I believe that a surge strategy is prudent, equitable, and important, and that’s the case that I’m making to the head of the COVID [coronavirus] response team in the administration,” she added.

The state topped the nation’s daily tally of recent coronavirus cases this week despite its mask mandate, Breitbart News reported Tuesday.

Feedzy

Continue Reading

Trending